The route takes you around the city walls of Solothurn, past the Krummturm Tower and on to Schloss Waldegg. After a break (with or without a museum tour), you will travel on to the mystical Verena Gorge, where you will disembark and learn more about this special place of natural energy. Passing through Lommiswil, the journey continues to Altreu, a popular Solothurn excursion destination right on the banks of the River Aare. Storks are king in Altreu.
You will visit the Infozentrum Witi, where you will learn more about storks and their re-established habitat. Tours can be booked upon request.
- Solothurn's outer walls in focus: All about art, churches and culture. Baseltor gate / Konzertsaal concert hall / Kunstmuseum art gallery / earthworks and walls / Reformed church / Muttiturm tower / Krummturm tower (45 min.).
- Journey from Solothurn to Schloss Waldegg (10 min.).
- Schloss Waldegg and its inhabitants: The influence of Versailles on the castle. Stopover at Schloss Waldegg. Tour of the castle's exterior, including the baroque gardens (30 min.).
Guided tour of the museum possible
- Journey from Schloss Waldegg to the Verena Gorge (10 min.).
- Journey from the Verena Gorge via Lommiswil and Rüttenen to Altreu (20 min.).
- Storks in Altreu and Infozentrum Witi: Once extinct, now flourishing again. Explore on your own or take a guided tour of the Infozentrum Witi (60 min.). Refreshment break at Restaurant "zum grüene Aff" (60 min.). Prices upon request depending on choice of refreshments.
- Journey from Altreu back to Solothurn (20 min.).
- Tour of the Infozentrum Witi or refreshments at Restaurant "zum grüene Aff"
- Guided tour in of Schloss Waldegg: Guided tour is included in the price Admission to the museum is CHF 4.00 per person (CHF 8.00 outside of opening times) Duration: 1 hour
- Refreshments at Restaurant "zum grüene Aff". Prices upon request.
- The convertible panorama bus is equipped with an electric retractable glass hard-top roof and panorama side windows as well as integrated heating and air-conditioning for all four seasons.
- Are you planning a company excursion and require accommodation, premises or a framework programme? Solothurn Services will be glad to assist you.