The route takes you around the city walls of Solothurn, past Schloss Waldegg and through Lommiswil and its fossilised dinosaur tracks to Altreu, a popular Solothurn excursion destination right on the banks of the River Aare.
You will visit the Infozentrum Witi and learn a great deal about storks and their re-established habitat. The large birds are king once again here. Tours can be booked upon request. Relax afterwards on the large terrace of Restaurant "zum grüene Aff" with its shade trees and savour a refreshing ice cream or a platter of cold cuts and recharge your batteries next to the water's edge. Listen to the rustling of the leaves and the quiet gurgle of the water as you savour the magic of the moment. The view of the River Aare from here is particularly lovely.
- Solothurn's outer walls in focus: All about art, churches and culture. Baseltor gate / Konzertsaal concert hall / Kunstmuseum art gallery / earthworks and walls / Reformed church / Muttiturm tower / Krummturm tower (45 min.).
- Journey from Solothurn to Schloss Waldegg (10 min.).
- Schloss Waldegg and its inhabitants: The influence of Versailles on the castle. Stopover at Schloss Waldegg. Tour of the castle's exterior, including the baroque gardens (30 min.).
- Journey from Schloss Waldegg to the Verena Gorge (10 min.).
- Journey from the Verena Gorge via Lommiswil and Rüttenen to Altreu (20 min.).
- Storks in Altreu and Infozentrum Witi: Once extinct, now flourishing again. Explore on your own or take a guided tour in the Infozentrum Witi (60 min.). Refreshment break at Restaurant "zum grüene Aff" (60 min.). Prices upon request depending on choice of refreshments.
- Journey from Altreu back to Solothurn (20 min.)
- Tour of the Infozentrum Witi. Duration: 1 hour / price: CHF 100.00
- Refreshments at Restaurant "zum grüene Aff". Prices upon request.
Voucher guided tours for groups
Would you like to give this tour as a gift? Buy a voucher now!
- The convertible panorama bus is equipped with an electric retractable hard-top glass roof and panorama side windows as well as integrated heating and air-conditioning for all four seasons.
- The tour is conducted with an open or closed panorama roof depending on the weather and personal preferences.
- Are you planning a company excursion and require accommodation, premises or a framework programme? Solothurn Services will be glad to assist you.