This museum is devoted to the life of the Solothurn aristocracy from the 17th to the 19th century.
It is not just the beautiful baroque garden of the Schloss Waldegg that attracts visitors from near and far. The impressive living quarters of the Solothurn patriciate from the 18th and 19th century are also worth a visit. They illustrate the glamorous period when Solothurn was the seat of the ambassadors of the French king. The castle is also a cultural and conference centre where many interesting events are held. The whole facility is also available for private occasions.
Good to know
- Guided tour on request.
- The castle can also be hired for corporate events (max. 120 persons).
- Birthday parties organised for children.
Discover Schloss Waldegg with the new multimedia guide
- In the WALDEGG section you will find out more about the interior décor and some of the objects in the collection.
- Follow the BARON BESENVAL and learn more about the history of the Besenvals and the ambassadors.
- The VON SURY section looks back at the romantic palace that has now disappeared, and its inhabitants, the von Sury family.