Equipped with the Swiss-O-Finder app or a printed orienteering map, participants discover the most diverse facets of the charming small town on the Aare. Whether leisurely strolling through the alleys or jogging in pursuit of the best time - everyone sets their own pace.
How does it work?
All you need for the run is the free Swiss-O-Finder app and a certain amount of spirit of discovery. To start the run with timing, scan the QR code at the starting post with the app. If you don't want to use the Swiss-O-Finder app, you can print out the map free of charge at www.swiss-o-finder.ch or obtain it from the Solothurn Tourist Office and set off for the starting post. Instead of the app, you can also use a pen to write down the letter codes and the start and finish times at each post. The letter combination can be checked at the end of the orienteering run on the website of www.swiss-o-finder.ch.
Start: Solothurn main station
Distance: 2.5 kilometers
Languages: German, French, English
StartMain station Solothurn.
- Opening hours orienteeringWith the Swiss-O-Finder app or by downloading maps in advance: Start from BHF Solothurn possible around the clock.
- When obtaining the map on site, please note the opening hours of Solothurn Tourism: MO-FR 09:00-17:30, SA 09:00-13:00. (From June to September SA 09:00-13:00, 13:30-17:30)
Offers for children and families
The orienteering adventure can be done with children. The trail is suitable for strollers.
Offers for schools
The orienteering adventure can be carried out with school classes.
Good to know
- The use of the entire Swiss-O-Finder project is free of charge.
- The app and the maps can be downloaded as Android or IOS version.The trail can also be done outside the opening hours of the Tourist Office. These only apply if the printed map is picked up at the Tourist Office.
- The Swiss-O-Finder was intentionally designed so that everyone, regardless of experience or talent, can have plenty of fun. It doesn't matter whether participants complete the route as a training session against the clock or take a leisurely stroll from post to post and enjoy the magic of Switzerland's most beautiful baroque city.