Hiking dos and don’ts
The 10 golden rules
Explore beautiful natural landscapes on foot and breathe in the fresh air – hiking is one of the most beautiful and healthiest leisure activities. To protect this unique experience, there are a few rules that you should follow. Here you will find the 10 most important points.
Ten points to enrich every hike.
1. Planning: preparing for the hike in advance will ensure that you enjoy the whole of your trek.
2. Stamina: a hike should be enjoyable and chosen to suit your stamina. Regular breaks outdoors or at an eatery are popular ways to boost your energy.
3. Weather: if you keep an eye on the weather forecast and the weather radar before and during the hike, you are sure to arrive safely at your destination.
4. Gear: suitable footwear and weatherproof clothing keep you safe and feeling good during your hike.
5. Cow pastures: cows are impressive animals but are to be admired from a distance. This distance is of prime importance particularly when encountering cows and their calves!
6. Cow pastures: cows are impressive animals but are to be admired from a distance. This distance is of prime importance particularly when encountering cows and their calves!
7. Rubbish: do not leave any rubbish behind. Always pack away your rubbish and carefully dispose of it.
8. Route: even though nature looks like a huge playground, you should always keep to the route. Caring for the habitat of animals and plants should always be kept in mind.
9. Mindfulness: as you’re hiking, pause and let nature work its magic. View and foresight are the names of the game when it comes to hiking.
10. Emergencies: stay calm and get help.
Emergency call centre: 144
Rega Swiss Air-Rescue: 1414