Exploring “Solothurn and its surroundings”
"Book a unique tour with Switzerland’s first Mercedes Sprinter convertible panorama bus. The vehicle is equipped for all four seasons and offers ideal travel comfort, no matter the weather. Enjoy a tour with an all-encompassing 360-degree view, whether the panorama roof is open or closed. You will become acquainted with Solothurn and its surroundings as you embrace the motto: The journey is the destination!
The route takes you around the city walls of Solothurn, past the Krummturm Tower and on to Schloss Waldegg. After a break (with or without a museum tour), you will travel on to the mystical Verena Gorge, where you will disembark and learn more about this special place of natural energy. Passing through Lommiswil, the journey continues to Altreu, a popular Solothurn excursion destination right on the banks of the River Aare. Storks are king in Altreu.
You will visit the Infozentrum Witi, where you will learn more about storks and their re-established habitat. Tours can be booked upon request."
Susanne, tour guide
Guided theme tour: “Solothurn and its surroundings ” convertible panorama bus tour:
City beyond the walls, Schloss Waldegg, Verena Gorge, Altreu
Duration: approx. 4 hours for the entire tour
Number of people: groups up to 25 people
Price (for 4 hours): CHF 980.00 for the bus, CHF 420.00 for the guide
- Solothurn’s outer walls in focus: All about art, churches and culture. Baseltor gate / Konzertsaal concert hall / Kunstmuseum art gallery / earthworks and walls / Reformed church / Muttiturm tower / Krummturm tower (45 min.).
- Journey from Solothurn to Schloss Waldegg (10 min.).
- Schloss Waldegg and its inhabitants: The influence of Versailles on the castle. Stopover at Schloss Waldegg. Tour of the castle’s exterior, including the baroque gardens (30 min.).
Guided tour of the museum possible
- Journey from Schloss Waldegg to the Verena Gorge (10 min.).
- Journey from the Verena Gorge via Lommiswil and Rüttenen to Altreu (20 min.).
- Storks in Altreu and Infozentrum Witi: Once extinct, now flourishing again. Explore on your own or take a guided tour of the Infozentrum Witi (60 min.). Refreshment break at Restaurant “zum grüene Aff” (60 min.). Prices upon request depending on choice of refreshments.
- Journey from Altreu back to Solothurn (20 min.).
- Tour of the Infozentrum Witi or refreshments at Restaurant "zum grüene Aff"
- Guided tour in of Schloss Waldegg: Guided tour is included in the price Admission to the museum is CHF 4.00 per person (CHF 8.00 outside of opening times) Duration: 1 hour
- Refreshments at Restaurant "zum grüene Aff". Prices upon request.
Good to know
- The convertible panorama bus is equipped with an electric retractable glass hard-top roof and panorama side windows as well as integrated heating and air-conditioning for all four seasons.
- Are you planning a company excursion and require accommodation, premises or a framework programme? Solothurn Services will be glad to assist you.
Region Solothurn Tourismus
T. +41 (0) 32 626 46 46
F. +41 (0) 32 626 46 47