Exploring “Solothurn and Lake Burgäschi”
"Book a unique tour with Switzerland’s first Mercedes Sprinter convertible panorama bus. The vehicle is equipped for all four seasons and offers ideal travel comfort, no matter the weather. Enjoy a tour with an all-encompassing 360-degree view, whether the panorama roof is open or closed. You will become acquainted with the city and the largest lake in the canton of Solothurn along the way as you embrace the motto: The journey is the destination!
The route takes you around the city walls of Solothurn and through Rüttenen, Balm and Deitingen to Lake Burgäschi. Let yourself be taken back in time and learn more about the city’s walls, churches and art. Along the way, you will pass by the impressive Schloss Waldegg, a castle that boasts the longest baroque façade in Switzerland and reminds you of a smaller version of Versailles. During the pleasant ride with an open roof, you can enjoy views of the Swiss Midlands as you travel through Rüttenen and Balm.
Forget the hectic pace of daily life and allow yourself to be inspired by the fairy-tale landscape during a walk along the shores of the lake."
Susanne, tour guide
Guided theme tour: “Solothurn and Lake Burgäschi” convertible panorama bus tour:
City beyond the walls, Schloss Waldegg, Rüttenen, Balm, Lake Burgäschi
Duration: approx. 4 hours for the entire tour
Number of people: groups up to 25 people
Price (for 4 hours): CHF 980.00 for the bus, CHF 420.00 for the guide
- Solothurn’s outer walls in focus: All about art, churches and culture. Baseltor gate / Konzertsaal concert hall / Kunstmuseum art gallery / earthworks and walls / Reformed church / Muttiturm tower (30 min.).
- Travel from Solothurn through Rüttenen and Balm to Lake Burgäschi (45 min.).
- Legendary Lake Burgäschi: glaciers, pile dwellers and sagas.
Stopover at Lake Burgäschi. Tour and walk around the lake (90 min.). Lake Burgäschi is a natural paradise steeped in history. Boasting a significant cultural and historical past, the region was settled thousands of years ago. Since 2011, the archaeological finds around Lake Burgäschi have been designated UNESCO World Heritage sites. Mystical legends and stories surround this mysterious area.
- Restaurant Seeblick:
Relax and enjoy a break in the restaurant. Do you fancy coffee and cake or perhaps a glass of champagne? You are definitely spoilt for choice here. Prices upon request depending on choice of refreshments (60 min.)
- Journey from Lake Burgäschi back to Solothurn (30 min.)
Good to know
- The convertible panorama bus is equipped with an electric retractable glass hard-top roof and panorama side windows as well as integrated heating and air-conditioning for all four seasons.
- In winter, a torch-lit tour of the lake can also be booked. Finish off the excursion with a mug of mulled wine and a fondue of your choice (additional CHF 84.00 per person and including extra guides with torches).
- Are you planning a company excursion and require accommodation, premises or a framework programme? Solothurn Services will be glad to assist you.
Region Solothurn Tourismus
T. +41 (0) 32 626 46 46
F. +41 (0) 32 626 46 47