Exploring “Solothurn and the Witi”
"Book a unique tour with Switzerland’s first Mercedes Sprinter convertible panorama bus. The vehicle is equipped for all four seasons and offers ideal travel comfort, no matter the weather. Enjoy a tour with an all-encompassing 360-degree view, whether the panorama roof is open or closed. You will become acquainted with Solothurn and the Witi nature conservation area along the way as you embrace the motto: The journey is the destination!
The route takes you around the city walls of Solothurn, past Schloss Waldegg and through Lommiswil and its fossilised dinosaur tracks to Altreu, a popular Solothurn excursion destination right on the banks of the River Aare.
You will visit the Infozentrum Witi and learn a great deal about storks and their re-established habitat. The large birds are king once again here. Tours can be booked upon request. Relax afterwards on the large terrace of Restaurant “zum grüene Aff” with its shade trees and savour a refreshing ice cream or a platter of cold cuts and recharge your batteries next to the water’s edge. Listen to the rustling of the leaves and the quiet gurgle of the water as you savour the magic of the moment. The view of the River Aare from here is particularly lovely."
Susanne, tour guide
Guided theme tour: “Solothurn and the Witi” convertible panorama bus tour: City beyond the walls, Schloss Waldegg, Verena Gorge, Witi, Altreu
Duration: approx. 4 hours for the entire tour
Number of people: groups up to 25 people
Price (for 4 hours): CHF 980.00 for the bus, CHF 420.00 for the guide
- The tour is conducted with an open or closed panorama roof depending on the weather and personal preferences.
- Solothurn’s outer walls in focus: All about art, churches and culture. Baseltor gate / Konzertsaal concert hall / Kunstmuseum art gallery / earthworks and walls / Reformed church / Muttiturm tower / Krummturm tower (45 min.).
- Journey from Solothurn to Schloss Waldegg (10 min.).
- Schloss Waldegg and its inhabitants: The influence of Versailles on the castle. Stopover at Schloss Waldegg. Tour of the castle’s exterior, including the baroque gardens (30 min.).
- Journey from Schloss Waldegg to the Verena Gorge (10 min.).
- Journey from the Verena Gorge via Lommiswil and Rüttenen to Altreu (20 min.).
- Storks in Altreu and Infozentrum Witi: Once extinct, now flourishing again. Explore on your own or take a guided tour in the Infozentrum Witi (60 min.). Refreshment break at Restaurant “zum grüene Aff” (60 min.). Prices upon request depending on choice of refreshments.
- Journey from Altreu back to Solothurn (20 min.)
- Tour of the Infozentrum Witi. Duration: 1 hour / price: CHF 100.00
- Refreshments at Restaurant "zum grüene Aff". Prices upon request.
Good to know
- The convertible panorama bus is equipped with an electric retractable hard-top glass roof and panorama side windows as well as integrated heating and air-conditioning for all four seasons.
- Are you planning a company excursion and require accommodation, premises or a framework programme? Solothurn Services will be glad to assist you.
Region Solothurn Tourismus
T. +41 (0) 32 626 46 46
F. +41 (0) 32 626 46 47