"We admired the Basel Gate during our walking tour of the city. After the Swabian War, master builder Hans Gibelin replaced the oakwood gate with the Basel Gate made of Solothurn stone (Jura limestone) in 1504. Together with St.Ursus' Tower, the Basel Gate forms a magnificent architectural ensemble."
The list below contains more information about the Basel Gate.
Good to know
Guided tours of the old town can be booked at Solothurn Region Tourism.
Region Solothurn Tourismus
T. +41 (0) 32 626 46 46
F. +41 (0) 32 626 46 47