Switzerland's most beautiful baroque town
Discover and experience what it’s all about
A small town with an urban feel
‘If you’ve got it, flaunt it,’ as the saying goes – and Solothurn has so much to flaunt. Its lively historic centre, intriguing history, outstanding museums and independent shops are just waiting to be explored.
Information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
From 1 March 2021, the following protective measures will apply:
- Museums and shops are open, as well as the outdoor areas of sports and leisure facilities and zoological gardens.
- The majority of hotels will remain open.
- Restaurants, bars and clubs will remain closed. Restaurants in hotels are allowed to remain open for hotel guests. Takeaways and delivery services are allowed.
- Private meetings and gatherings in public spaces are subject to the 15-person limit.
- Events are not allowed.
- A mask requirement applies to people aged 12 and over in shops, museums, and in busy pedestrian areas, as well as all indoor spaces open to the public, all public transport, bus stops, and train stations and airports.