Traditional watch atelier in the Visitation monastery. Watchmaking as it was 200 years ago.
The watch atelier has been in existence since 1975 and is located behind the old walls of the Visitation Monastery. The historic building has been in existence since 1679.
The atelier is run with great passion by Nicole and Christoph Nil. Both are specialized in historical and modern timepieces and are also able to restore antique clocks. Nicole Nil has already restored a number of clocks from earlier eras and made various parts herself. She specializes in antique and museum pieces. Christoph Nil has acquired an enormous amount of expertise in wristwatches during his 15-year career at the Omega company in Biel and now specializes in vintage and modern wristwatches.
Her work includes repairs and restorations of antique and modern large clocks, pocket watches and wristwatches. Thanks to their large stock of early components and their skill in making watch parts, they can carry out any repairs in the workshop themselves. Changing batteries, bracelets, glasses etc. is also part of their work.
Good to know Watches are also serviced externally. It is therefore necessary to make an appointment in advance. Appointments are also possible on Saturdays by prior arrangement.